Birth Doula Package I'm currently NOT ACCEPTING NEW CLIENTS. IF I HAVE BEEN YOUR DOULA BEFORE IN AN OUT OF HOSPITAL SETTING, THEN FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME TO DISCUSS MY AVAILABILITY. PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR DOULAS YOU MAY CONSIDER CONTACTING FOR SUPPORT.
Includes: * Consultation Our initial conversation either on the phone or in person at Amma Prema, which helps us decide if we are the right fit. I do my best to provide a variety of information on my site to help you determine before we meet whether my services are something you are interested in and find valuable. there is no charge for your consultation.
* 1-2 Prenatal Visits we Meet to discuss questions, & any concerns you may have about your birth, assist with your birth plan (if you choose to have one), options for comfort and pain management, Go OVER COMFORT MEASURES FOR labor & birth, what I will bring to your birth, signs of labor and what to do when you think you are in labor, & how I will be there to support and encourage not only you but also your partner/coach/spouse (if you have one) in being the best possible support for you they can be. This may be one home visit and one office visit, or it may be one home visit depending on when you hire me during your pregnancy.
* Telephone, & Email Support I am available to answer questions or concerns you may have in the form of unlimited e-mail support, and unlimited telephone support (during regular business hours). Starting at 38 wks during the on-call period I am available 24 hrs.)
* 24 Hrs On Call for Labor I will be 24hr On Call for you beginning 14 days prior to your due date until your birth happens. Sometimes I am asked if I will attend a birth before 38 wks, and the answer is absolutely and I want you to call me as soon as you think you may be in labor! However, it is at 38 wks. that I arrange in my calendar for your birth, including childcare for my own children.
* Continuous Labor, Birth & Postpartum Support I come to your home, birth center, hospital, etc. after you call me to determine whether you think you are in labor & when you are ready to have me join you. There are as many scenarios for this as there are birthing women! I provide physical, emotional, informational & spiritual support as you move through the journey. Most of my clients find they desire my support once labor gets more active. I stay with you during labor, your birth, & immediate postpartum period (first hour or two).
*Aromatherapy The use of therapeutic grade essential oils safe for pregnancy, labor and birth are included and I carry them with me to your place of birth. They can be inhaled, or diffused in your birthing space. Being able to freely use them in my practice is one reason i consciously choose to not be certified by the organization I received training from.
* Breastfeeding support I can assist you with your first breastfeeding during the early postpartum period, & also answer any questions & concerns you may have. It takes time & patience. I've breastfeed both my children happily & successfully & helped many mothers both as a Doula & as a Nurse with establishing nursing. I trust in the wisdom of your body and it's ability to produce milk, your ability to learn how to nurse your baby, and your baby's ability to learn how to nurse! That being said, if I feel additional support would be helpful, there are skilled lactation professionals I am happy to refer you to.
* Postpartum Home Visit I come to your home (in the first few weeks), and we discuss your birth, & process anything you want to go over. If you choose to have me take pictures at the birth, I will bring those to share with you. They are not the same quality as the pictures that would result from your hiring me as your photographer or birth photographer, simply because being your continuous support as Doula is my primary role:) I can offer breastfeeding assistance, guidance and support, talk about any questions and concerns you have about new motherhood, how you are adjusting, etc. I so look forward to this time to love on you and your precious baby!
* Back up Doulas I WORK WITH great groupS of doulas serving the Triangle NC and surrounding areas. We provide back-up doula support for each other in the event of unforseen emergencies, acts of God, if our children are ill, etc. I am happy to refer you to, and encourage you to contact one of the other